SPOOLGEN is a system designed for use by
fabrication workshops and has workflow management built in as standard to aid the
production of spool isometrics and related reports. Many of the features and benefits of
I-Sketch are applicable to SPOOLGEN, as ISOGEN is an integral part of the solution.
Some of the main features of the
- Uses IDF or PCF data files from any 3D
Design System supporting ISOGEN
- Windows NT
- Automatic Spool Sheets + Erection
- Automatic BOM + Sheet splitting
- Interface to Material Control (yours)
- Extensive Automation of data input and
- Weld detailing and documentation
- Weight accumulation, C of G calculation
- Transposition of material codes
- Links to Material Management systems
- Return file of fabrication and
construction data to design system
- Input from paper I-Copy and
- Auto Long Straight Splitting
- Addition of Drawing Splits, Flow Arrows,
Detail Sketches and Additional Materials without compromising the integrity of the design
- Support for multiple weld types i.e. Site,
Field Fit, Offshore, Tack, Automatic, and Special Site Weld
- Ability to change material category from
fabrication to erection and vice versa.
- Ability to change elbows to bends
- Ability to set flanges to loose
SPOOLGEN has been widely adopted in the
industry for the production of spool isometrics. As well as delivering the same benefits
as I-Sketch, the following benefits are
It usually takes 5 to 20 minutes to
process each pipe including the addition of spooling and fabrication information. Once
completed, spool and erection drawings are generated in seconds.
A typical pipe could be processed and 4
spool drawings generated in 15 minutes compared with 2.5 hours on AutoCAD or 1 hour with a
standard isometric package.
Workflow Delivered as Standard
One of the biggest issues of any project is managing the
information workflow. SPOOLGEN has been designed with workflow being a key consideration,
guiding users through each stage of the process. This is delivered as standard with the
system ensuring minimal implementation time and reducing the learning curve required to
operate the system.
Guaranteed Future IDF Compatibility
Alias Limited own and control the IDF standard for piping
information and as such can guarantee future system compatibility.
I-Sketch and SPOOLGEN are
trademarks of Alias Ltd.
ISOGEN is the registered trademark of ICI plc.
Another Solution Software